Please cite using
Dias, O., Gomes, D., Vilaca, P., Cardoso, J., Rocha, M., Ferreira, E., & Rocha, I. (2016). Genome-wide Semi-automated Annotation of Transporter Systems. IEEE/ACM Transactions on Computational Biology and Bioinformatics / IEEE, ACM, (1), 1–1. http://doi.org/10.1109/TCBB.2016.2527647
merlin is available for download in a single multi-platform version.
- merlin 4.0.2 - beta - NEW
- Plugin merlin-addons installed prior to version 4.0.2 might stop merlin's launch after an update. To solve this issue, please delete the file merlin-addons*.jar from directory [merlin_home]/plugins_bin. After completing this step, merlin should launch normally.
- How can I recover my workspaces if merlin does not launch?
- Step 1 - Download the latest version available in this page. Do not launch merlin until step 4.
- Step 2 - Copy the directories [merlin_home]/h2Database and [merlin_home]/ws from your previous merlin version.
- Step 3 - Paste both directories in merlin´s version downloaded from the website. These directories should not exist if merlin was not launched yet.
- Step 4 - Launch merlin. All workspaces should be available now.
We are currently working hard on finding a solution for these issues and we shall release a more stable version soon. Thank you for your patience!
The current version of merlin requires:
- Processor: Reasonably powerful x64 hardware. Any recent Intel or AMD processor should do.
- Memory: 1GB memory (most operations use less than 1GB, however the local alignments may take up to 3GB)
- Java version: above JRE 1.8
- Discalimer: more recent versions of Java (above 10) may cause stability issues
- OS: Windows (XP or later), Unix (Ubuntu or macOS),
- Any bugs or suggestions please email us at:
- Changelog history